UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2021– Union Public Service commission has released a notification for Engineering Services Examination for the recruitment of 215 posts in Civil , Mechanical , Electrical and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. Interested candidates may apply online on or before the last date of application 27th April, 2021.
Details of UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2021
|Post Name||Civil , Mechanical , Electrical and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineer|
|No. of Post||215 Posts|
|Official Notifications||Click here|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Study Materials||Click here|
|See Also More Jobs||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Groups Link||NEGJ|
Name of Post
Category wise post names:
CATEGORY I—CIVIL ENGINEERING
(i) Central Engineering Service
(ii) Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group‐A (Civil Engineering Posts).
(iii) Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.
(iv) *AEE(Civil) in Border Road Engineering Service.
(v) Indian Defense Service of Engineers.
(vi) AEE(QS&C) in MES Surveyor Cadre.
(vii) Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service.
CATEGORY II—MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
(i) AEE in GSI Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
(ii) Indian Defense Service of Engineers.
(iii) Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Naval Material Management Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
(v) Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service.
(vi) Indian Skill Development Service.
(vii) Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Mechanical).
(viii) Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engg.)
CATEGORY III—ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
(i) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(ii) Indian Defense Service of Engineers.
(iii) Indian Naval Material Management Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
(iv) Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(v) Indian Naval Armament Service
(vi) Defense Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electrical).
(vii) Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Electrical Engineering Posts).
CATEGORY IV—ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
(i) Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’.
(ii) Indian Telecommunication Service Gr ‘A’.
(iii) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Naval Material Management Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts)
(v) Junior Telecom Officer Gr ‘B’.
(vi) Defense Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electronics & Tele).
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- Age Relaxation: As per rules(Check the official notification for further details)
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have –
- obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:‐
For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engg. Posts) ‐ M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject. For Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’– M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a special subject.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/‐(Rupees T w o hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/ she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment, should apply online direct to the Commission.
- Persons, already in Government service whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work‐charged employees other than causal or daily rated employees or those serving under public enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the Examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be cancelled.