National Means CUM Merit Scholarship Assam 2020 Eligibility & Application – Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of the Centrally Sponsored “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)” Scheme for the financial year 2020-21. NMMS Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI, and XII in a Government, Government-aided, and local body schools and whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
Details of National Means CUM Merit Scholarship Assam 2020 Eligibility & Application
|Department Name||Directorate of Secondary Education|
|Scholarship||National Means CUM Merit Scholarship|
|No of scholarship for Assam||2411|
|Eligibility||Class IX, X, XI, and XII in a Government|
|Nodal agency||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), GOI|
|Date of Application||25-10-2020 to 25-11-2020|
|Admit Card Available||01-12-2020|
|Date of Exam||13-12-2020|
|Official Notifications||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Study Materials||Click here|
|See Also More Jobs||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Groups Link||NEGJ|
Eligibility Criteria of National Means CUM Merit Scholarship Assam
- Students of Class-VIII studying in Government, Local Body, and Govt. Aided are only eligible.
- A minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination is needed for appearing in NMMS examination(5% less for SC/ST students)
- Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
- Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI, and XII in a Government, Government-aided and Local body schools for a maximum period of four years.
- The awardees should get a minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for a continuance of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in the next higher classes.
Who Can’t Apply for National Means CUM Merit Scholarship Assam
- Students studying in private schools too appear in this scholarship exam, but they won’t be eligible for this scholarship.
- The students studying in “KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA’ and “JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA” are not entitled to get this scholarship.
- Students studying in Residential Schools run by the State Government Institutions, where facilities like boarding, lodging, and education are provided and students studying in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under this scheme.
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
Category of Reservation
- The total number of scholarships for the Assam State quota is 2411.
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category.
- 4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
- A written examination of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) will be held on 13th December 2020 for the selection of candidates under the NMMS Scholarship Scheme.
- The question paper will be in both the Assamese & English medium only. The OMR sheet will be in the English medium.
- Previous 2 years’ question papers are available in the ‘Vidyarthi’ app at Google Play Store.
- Children with disabilities will be given extra time, as applicable.
There are two papers:
Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Mental Ability Test (MAT): 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies, and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in the Class VIII examination. (50% for SC/ST students).
• General & OBC: Rs. 200/-
• SC/ST: Rs. 180/-
• Differently Abled students: Rs. 175/-
Mode of Payment
Applicants have to pay the examination fees through Debit/Credit card, internet banking during the submission of the application.
- E-admit Card for the candidates will be available online. The candidate may download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or name on or after 01/12/2020.
- Students can download their NNMS exam Admit Card online from the ‘Vidyarthi’ app or from the official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in
- The application process for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Vidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phones.
- Moreover, they can apply through the Govt. of Assam official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
NMMS Examination will be held at 67 Nos. of centers across Assam including all the District Headquarters. Exam centers may be increased or decreased depending upon the number of candidates.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates must submit their application online mode. Here is the basic steps to submit National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) application form online:
- Scroll down, check Important Web-Link’s section.
- Click on Online Application Form.
- Official application portal will open.
- Enter your personal and educational details as well as upload all the required documents as mentioned below.
- At the end, submit your application and take a print out of acknowledgement receipt.