National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020 Eligibility & Application – Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of State Level (Stage-I) of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2019-20. Interested students studying in Class-X can apply online for this examination. National Talent Search Scheme is a flagship activity of the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of examination conducted Scholarship will be awarded as per NCERT Rules.
Details of Talent Search Examination Assam 2020 Eligibility & Application
|Department Name||National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT)|
|Scholarship||National Talent Search Examination|
|No of scholarship for Assam||202|
|Nodal agency||Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam|
|Date of Application||25-10-2020 to 25-11-2020|
|Admit Card Available||01-12-2020|
|Date of Exam||13-12-2020|
|Official Notifications||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Study Materials||Click here|
|See Also More Jobs||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Groups Link||NEGJ|
Eligibility Criteria of Talent Search Examination Assam
- Students of Class-X studying in Government, Local Body. Govt. Aided. Private Schools are eligible to appear in the examination.
- Candidates Studying in India Only the candidates selected by the States/UTs on the basis of their screening examination shall be eligible to appear in the National level examination to be conducted by the NCERT on the Second Sunday of May each year (unless otherwise notified).
The values of scholarship for National Talent Search (NTS) Examination are as given below.
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month for Class XI to XII.
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- The scholarship amount for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Reservation of Talent Search Examination Assam
Here is a set of relaxation available under National Talent Search (NTS) Examination, Assam
- Assam State quota is 202
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category.
- 27% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer)
- 10% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) from the year 2019-2020, who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs. Those candidates have to Produce income and assets certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 4% will be reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
- 27% will be reserved for students belonging OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer).
Selection Process of Talent Search Examination Assam
- There will be two stages of selection process far the award of this scholarship.
- Stage-l (State Level), a selection will be done by State /UTs, and those who qualify Stage-1 will be eligible to appear In the Stage-It (National Level) examination, conducted by NCERT.
- State-level qualifying marks for candidates from the General category are 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
Exam Syllabus of Talent Search Examination Assam
- A written examination will be held on 13th December 2020 for the selection of candidates under the NTS Scheme.
- There are two papers. Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 marks, Paper II- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 100 marks.
- This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers.
- There will be no negative marking in either of the tests.
- Previous years’ question papers are also available in the ‘Vidyarthi’ app.
- There is no prescribed syllabus for the NTS examination. However, the standard of items shall be conforming to the level of Classes IX and X.
- A separate booklet called ‘Learn about the Test’ containing sample items for both the Tests MAT and SAT is available in print as well as on the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in.
- The Mental Ability Test (MAT) will consist of 100 multiple-choice type items, with four alternatives. Each item will carry one mark. Candidates are required to answer the items on a separate OMR sheet as per instructions given in the test booklet and on the OMR sheet.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will consist of 100 multiple-choice items of one mark each. Each item shall have four alternatives, out of which only one will be the correct answer.
- There shall be 40 items from Science, 40 from Social Science, and 20 from Mathematics, Candidates are required to answer the items on a separate OMR sheet to be provided at the examination center as per instructions.
- Rs. 250/- for General & OBC Category.
- Rs. 225/- for SC/ST Category.
- Rs. 220/- for Differently Abled students.
NTS Examination will be held at 67 Nos. of centers across Assam including all the District Headquarters. Exam centers may be increased or decreased depending upon the number of candidates.
Medium of Exam
The tests will be available in the following languages: Asamiya, Bangla, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. The candidate has to mention his option regarding the language in which he/she want to take the test in the application form. Accordingly, the question booklet in that language shall be made available to the candidate at the center. After exercising this option, no request for the change of medium will be entertained.
E-admit Card for the candidates will be available online. The candidate may download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or name on or after 01/12/2020. If any candidate fails to submit the required information or deposit the required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
The application process for the National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Vidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phones.
Moreover, they can apply through the Govt. of Assam official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates must submit their application on online mode. Here is the basic steps to submit National Talent Search (NTS) Examination application form online:
- Scroll down, check Important Web-Link‘s section.
- Click on Online Application Form.
- Official application portal will open.
- Enter your personal and educational details as well as upload all the required documents as mentioned below.
- AT the end, submit your application and take a print out of acknowledgement receipt.