India Post has released an employment notification for the recruitment of 12828 Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) [Branch Postmaster (BPM)/Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)] posts in Branch Post Offices (BOs) created in the year 2023 under various postal circle across the country. Candidates who fulfil the below mentioned eligibility criteria may read this article and apply online for these vacancy.
India Post Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Name of post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Last Date||11/ 06/ 2023|
Postal Circle – Wise Vacancy
|Postal Circle||No of Vacancy|
|Jammu & Kashmir||89|
Emoluments in the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus Dearness Allowance thereon are paid to the GDS.The applicable TRCA to different categories are as under:
|BPM||Rs.12,000/- to 29,380/-|
|ABPM/ Dak Sevak||Rs.10,000/- to 24,470/-|
|Minimum Age Limit||18 years|
|Maximum Age Limit||40 years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD – OBC||13 years|
|PWD – SC/ ST||15 years|
The candidate should have passed Secondary School Examination of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
Local Language Proficiency
The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard.
|(i) Knowledge of computer|
|(ii) Knowledge of cycling|
|(iii) Adequate means of livelihood|
|SC/ ST/ PH||Nil|
|Payment Mode||Credit/ Debit Cards, Net Banking facility/ UPI and through Head Post offices.|
|Starting date||22nd May 2023|
|Last date||11th June 2023|
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these vacancy. They may follow below mentioned steps to apply online.
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section.
- Click on the “Online Application Form” and complete the registration process .
- In the next stage, click on “Online Application Form” Link and Login.
- Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- Make payment of application fee as per your category and submit the form.
- At the end, take a print out of the application form.
|Online Application Form||Registration | Login|
|Fee Payment Status||Click Here|
|Advertisement Details||Click Here|
|Vacancy Details||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
1. How many posts are vacant under India Post Recruitment?
Ans. There are 12828 Vacancy under India Post Recruitment.
2. What is the starting date of submission of online application for India Post Recruitment?
Ans. The starting date of submission of online application for India Post Recruitment is 22nd May 2023.
3. What is the last date of submission of online application for India Post Recruitment?
Ans. The last date of submission of online application for India Post Recruitment is 11th June 2023.