Assam SC Scholarship 2020 Pre-Matric And Post-Matric Scholarships – Directorate of Welfare of SC, Assam has released a notification regarding the Pre-Matric (IX-X) and Post-Matric Scholarships for students of Assam belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) of Assam for the year 2020-21. Candidates have to apply through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) www.scholarships.gov.in
Details of Assam SC Scholarship 2020 Pre-Matric And Post-Matric Scholarships
|Department Name||Directorate of Welfare|
|Scholarship||Pre-Matric And Post-Matric|
|Official Notifications||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Application Form||Click here|
|Study Materials||Click here|
|See Also More Jobs||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Groups Link||NEGJ|
Eligibility Criteria for Assam SC Scholarship 2020
1. Pre Matric Scholarship to SC students read in Class IX-X
Eligibility: Annual Family income should be Rs.2.50 Lakh.
2. Post Matric Scholarship to SC students
Eligibility: Annual Family income should be Rs.2.50 Lakh.
(i) Student should belong to Scheduled Caste.
(ii) He / she should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre Matric Scholarship. However benefit of National Means-cum- Merit scholarship scheme of D/o School Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development can be availed by the beneficiaries of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC students.
(iii) In pursuance to the provision of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act 2016, a student is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar Authentication. If not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, student is required to make application for Aadhaar enrollment.
(iv) She/ he should be a regular, full time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
(v) Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she / he would not get scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
Value of Assam SC Scholarship 2020
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
(i) scholarship and other grant.
(ii) additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Schools.
(iii) Additional Allowances for SC students with disabilities studying in private unaided Schools.
Duration & Renewal of Scholarship
(i) The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
(ii) The award once made will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed for Class X after the student passes Class IX.
Selection of Candidates for SC Scholarship
(i) All eligible Scheduled Caste candidates will be given scholarships as prescribed in this Scheme.
(ii) Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authority in that State.
Assam SC Scholarship 2020 Application Form
1. Student have to Click on the option “Student Login”, on the home page of National Scholarships Portal www.scholarships.gov.in.
2. Fill up the application as per the instructions given by the system then click on save button. After saving, student will get a “Temporary ID”.
3. The system will instruct the applicant to submit his/her Temporary ID and date of birth to fill subsequent details.
4. Once registration is complete on click of submit button, a Permanent Registration ID is generated which can be used for Renewal and tracking the status of application.
Renewal Students have to apply with their Application Id and Date of Birth which they registered previous year. Student can also use Forgot Application ID to retrieve their ID. Only those students would be able to Renew who had actually got the scholarships payments last year from NSP 1.0.
Last date for Submission of Online Applications by Student: 30th October, 2020.
(i) An application for scholarship can be made online on the respective State/ UT
scholarship portal that was available and in hard copy otherwise. Where applying on
line, the documents may be scanned and uploaded. A hard copy of the application
uploaded will be submitted as per the requirement of the portal where the application has
been made. Every application either online or in hard copy will compulsorily include:
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form.
- One passport size photograph with a signature of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- One self-attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree, etc. in respect of all examinations passed.
- A certificate of Caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Income declaration of self-employed parents/guardians should be in the form of a certificate issued by the Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain an income certificate from their employer. Employed parents/ guardians should obtain a consolidated certificate from the Revenue officer for any other additional source of income.
- In pursuance to the provision of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act 2016, a student is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar Authentication. If not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, the student is required to make an application for Aadhaar enrolment.
- Application for a scholarship should be submitted by the student by 30th November of the academic year in which he/ she is studying, provided that for valid reasons State authorities may extend the last date.
(Note: Where hard copy is submitted all copies should be self attested.)
(ii) Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be forwarded by the Head of Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority, mentioned in para 11.2.
FAQs on Assam SC Scholarship 2020
Question 1: Who are eligible to apply for Scholarship Schemes?
Answer: Students fulfilling the Scheme guidelines of various Ministries are eligible to apply for these scholarships. These are available on the Home Page of the Portal.
Question 2: What is the last date for submitting applications online?
Answer: Closure dates for acceptance of various scholarship applications are available in National Scholarships Portal.
Question 3: How can I apply online for scholarship?
Answer: In order to apply online, please visit the website through URL www.scholarships.gov.in.
Question 4: Can I edit the information already saved and up-to what time?
Answer: All the information can be edited till the closure of application form. After final submission, your application will be forwarded to the next level and application hereby cannot be edited.
Question 5: Do I have to fill up the online application in one sitting?
Answer: No. You can fill up the online application in as many sittings as you wish until
you are satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly. The software provides
the facility to save your application at every stage.
Question 6: What is the UID number/Aadhaar Number?
Answer: UID number otherwise known as, Aadhaar, the number is Unique Identification Number given by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar is a unique 12 digit number assigned after de-duplication of biometrics.
Question 7: Do I need to get my Aadhaar Card to apply for a Scholarship ?
Answer: Aadhaar No. is not Mandatory for the Students in order to Register and fill up the application form online. students can apply for scholarships without entering the Aadhaar no. but in that case they have to enter Aadhaar Enrollment Id. For the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Mizoram Aadhar Number is not mandatory.